95 kilometres from Adelaide
Now just a tiny hamlet at the junction of Main South Road and Range Road leading eastward to Victor Harbor, Delamere provides a pit stop on the way to Cape Jervis and Kangaroo Island.
Delamere also provides an ideal starting point for exploring the nearby Deep Creek and Talisker conservation parks where ruins of old Cornish silver-lead mines, established in 1862, provide a remnant of South Australia's mining past. There are fine views over Backstairs Passage from the hillsides, including views of Starfish Hill wind farm.
The town was originally known as Glenburn before being re-named to Delamere.
See what people are posting about Delamere.