(Kaurna Name: Nurlongga 'Curve Place')
31 kilometres from Adelaide
Set on a bend of the Onkaparinga River, the village of Old Noarlunga (formerly Noarlunga) became an important focus for local industry after it was founded in 1841.
The river that once provided an early trade route for locally-milled flour taken to ships at Port Noarlunga is now the centrepiece of a national park. Onkaparinga River National Park is complete with boardwalk access to the estuary wetlands and birdwatchers can expect to see little egrets, coots, ibis, herons and Yellow-billed Spoonbills. Take the self-guided tour of the town to catch its history, including the landmark St Phillip & St James Church.
See what people are posting about Old Noarlunga.