fleurieu peninsula 'embrace the brisk' winter giveaway
terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. Entry into the promotion constitutes the entrants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated, are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences at 16:01 ACST on 27 June 2018 and closes at 23:59 ACST on 31 July 2018. The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
4. 4 prize ‘packages’ in total to be won each consist of accommodation and a bonus ‘experience’;
2 x 2 consecutive nights accommodation for 2 people and a bonus 2 x 1 experience for 2 people. 2 x 2 consectutive nights accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children and a bonus 2 x 1 experience for 2 Adults and 2 Children. Total of 4 prize packages.
5. Where the term ‘family’ is used in the Terms and Conditions, ‘family’ consists of 2 Adults over the age of 18 and 2 Children under the age of 12.
6. All prizes are subject to availability, not available in South Australia, Victoria or Northern Territory school or public holidays. Expiration date is 31st October 2018. All prize components must be redeemed during the 2 night stay. Any unused portion will be forfeited and cannot be
redeemed at a later date, redeemed for cash or transferred to a third party.
7. To enter, participants must:
a. Enter via the form on the Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism website and all required fields
b. Write in 3 words or less why you want to visit the Fleurieu Peninsula this winter. By entering more than three words the entry will be automatically forfeited.
8. By providing your name, email and postcode, subscribers will be considered competition
entrants and will be deemed to accept these terms and conditions, including the Promoter’s
Privacy Statement set out below. Entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
9. Entries will be judged at the end of the competition. 4 winners will be chosen to receive
ONE of the following prizes packages, prizes will be distributed at the discretion of the
Judges. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into:
10. There will be 4 - prizewinners in total entries to be judged on merit.
a. 2 consecutive nights accommodation for 2 Adults and 2 Children at Coast Motel and Apartments plus a bonus family pass to swim with Tuna on Oceanic Victor
b. 2 consecutive nights accommodation for 2 Adults and 2 Children at Adare Apartments plus a bonus family pass on the Heritage Steam Ranger Train
c. 2 consecutive nights accommodation for 2 Adults at Southern Ocean Retreats plus a bonus wine tour with Wine Coaster Tours
d. 2 consecutive nights accommodation for 2 Adults at Birks Boathouse plus a bonus star gazing tour with The Backyard Universe
11. Where accommodation provided is for 2 people, it cannot be upgraded to accommodate more
guests. At least one person staying in the room must be 18 years of age or older.
12. ALL winners are required to provide their postage and full contact details upon notification of winning a prize. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit and the prize will be made available for another entrant.
13. Participants will be limited to a maximum of TWO entries per email address, with one bonus entry granted if they follow the official Fleurieu Peninsula Instagram account.
14. A full list of prizewinner names will be published on https://fleurieupeninsula.com.au/winter-giveaway on or before 08 August 2018.
15. At anytime, the Promoter has the discretion to change part or all of the prizes to one of equal or greater value.
16. Prize validation period ends on 31 October 2018. After this date, prizes are no longer valid.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim their prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
18. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
20. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. By entering the promotion, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use entrants' names and suburbs, and the winners’ name, suburb and photographs in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, in any media without notice, any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any participant (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of accepting the prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any entries that are not received, or are otherwise interfered with, due to problems beyond the control of the Promoter.
22. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to applicable legislation.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms & Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury, which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize except for any liability), which cannot be excluded by law.
24. The Promoter is Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism Marketing Committee Inc.
ABN: 84 420 076 813
Regional Office Address: 6 George Main Road, Victor Harbor SA 5211
Whale Time Winter
The Fleurieu Peninsula is a year round destination with plenty of things to do. You know us for our wine, but what about our whales?
Five cosy spots to warm up this winter
From Strathalbyn to Second Valley, we’ve rounded up some of the Fleurieu's cosiest places to snuggle up this winter.